Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secondary giveaway - Rage Mhqx4HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Secondary giveaway - Rage

Go down 
+4
Spigot
Epic-beatrice
Aginghobo
WolfDen - Michael
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WolfDen - Michael
Admin
Admin
WolfDen - Michael

Rep : 13

Secondary giveaway - Rage Empty
PostSubject: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:48 am

I always hate this part of a giveaway. The part where only one person gets the prize. But it has to be done.

I now present you with the winner:

thegameplaysk

Since you guys have been so great, I've decided to offer this short-term, secondary giveaway as a thank you.

The game up for grabs is Rage and naturally, since the game will be released on October 4, that is when this contest will end. I'm sorry for those of you in Europe, you may have to wait until October 7, to redeem your prize.

This will not be a simple giveaway however. I want to differentiate this contest from the other, so for this one, you will have to earn it. Post in this thread stating why you should be awarded the game, and the user with the best, most convincing write up will get the prize. Sorry, you get no brownie points for sad or I'm poor stories. Be funny, be creative. This is a $60 game we're talking about here. I know you have it in you to come up with something great.

So get to it.

Last edited by WolfDen - Michael on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.enterthewolf.com
Aginghobo
Peasant
Peasant

Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:20 am

An iguana ate my homework Sad

Also, I'm sad and I'm poor.
Back to top Go down
Epic-beatrice
Epic-beatrice

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:53 am

Well i've been a good contributor to these fourms.

All your games are belong to me.
Back to top Go down
WolfDen - Michael
Admin
Admin
WolfDen - Michael

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:52 am

Those stories suck guys. Come on!
Back to top Go down
Epic-beatrice
Epic-beatrice

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:18 pm

I suppose i'll tell you this one.

I was walking home from school one day when I saw someone got hit by a car, I immediately ran over to check to see if they were okay.

Turns out it was a blowup doll, the guy came out the car and chased a boy who apparently threw it on the car.

Yeah...Scotland is a weird place.
Back to top Go down
Aginghobo
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:33 pm

I'm a psychic.

I had a vision of me winning this game.
Back to top Go down
WolfDen - Michael
Admin
Admin
WolfDen - Michael

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Aginghobo wrote:
I'm a psychic.

I had a vision of me winning this game.

You could have done better if you went with Star Wars and tried to Jedi mind trick me.
Back to top Go down
Aginghobo
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:54 pm

I lied about being psychic, I'm actually from the future with an important message.

If you don't give me this game you will create a time paradox. The results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's the worst-case scenario. The destruction however might be limited merely to our own galaxy.

I also have a picture of me with my arms disappearing. Not a pleasant sight Sad
Back to top Go down
WolfDen - Michael
Admin
Admin
WolfDen - Michael

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:58 pm

Is that the same time paradox that causes a jet engine to crash on Donnie Darko's bed?
Back to top Go down
Spigot
Peasant
Peasant
Spigot

Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 pm

Steam no longer accepts my foodstamps so I now have no means of purchasing games, that and I used up all my foodstamps by trading them for crack so I no longer have any means of buying food either. If you don't give me this $50 game I might have to resort to selling my body on the streets.
Back to top Go down
thegameplaysk
Peasant
Peasant
thegameplaysk

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:25 am

The Loop
by Shizno (thegameplaysk)
Note: This is a work of fiction written by me and does not necessarily show how I live. Enjoy and please tell me what you think about it if you do read it.

"But why?" I asked in a surprised tone staring the man.
"Because if you don´t," he responded " you will have to stay in this state for all eternity".
The idea of this happening did not appeal to me at all. All of a sudden I realized how much I miss my previous life. I could not figure out how this happened, but it did not matter to me. All I wanted was things to get back to normal. As I was staring at his expressionless face I started to hear Edith Piaf singing something beautiful into my ear again. I did not know what she sung about, but nor did I care. I slowly opened my eyes, reached for my phone and turned the alarm off. It was all just a dream.

A dream that felt so strange and foreign, but yet so familiar. I stayed in my bed for a while, thinking about the dream, but I forgot most of it as always. All I could remember was one word. Rage. A somewhat negative word, but it seemed that it is the only thing I desired at the moment. I could not remember why the word was so significant, but I only remember that one word. All I remember from my dreams is that one word. But there was no time to think about it. I got up and changed my clothes. They still smelt of my roses. My mother used to put them into every wardrobe in the house to make the clothes smell better. I like the smell. After all, it is the only thing I have left after her. Thing so common and yet so special to me. I took my beg, left my bedroom and entered the hallway that led to it. My room was at the end of the hallway. I prefer it that way. After locking my bedroom, as I always do it, I have carefully placed the key into my pocket and started to walk down the hallway. It was long and dark, but not scary. There were many door, leading to many other parts of our house here, but as every day I used the ones leading into the kitchen. I don´t think I have ever used any other door in this part of the house. While walking towards the massive oak door I felt the war touch of sunbeams on my cheeks, coming through the small windows. It was always only for a moment, because the windows really were tiny and far apart. It was one of those things that make you happy to be alive. As I was enjoying the war sunbeams I started to absorb other elements that made me happy. It was Wednesday. I could smell my sisters strawberry shampoo. She always uses the strawberry shampoo on Wednesday. She has a different scent every day and she also tries to dress accordingly. She became obsessed with this after our mother passed away. My sister always tried to concentrate on something else in order to make her mind not think about the bad stuff. Rage. There it was again. Life seems so unfair sometimes. One person dies and it changes the lives of an entire family in a very drastic way. Rage. Why do things like these have to happen? Rage. Why to me? What have I done to anyone? I realized that I was half through the hallway. The fresh smell of spring flowers hit me into the face. Where did it come from? Oh yes. I realized that the window in the middle of the hallway is open again to let the fresh air in. I looked outside. There it was. My mothers favorite bench placed right under the cherry tree. Same bench on which she used to comb my sisters hair and where she used to help me study for school. Rage. Why did it have to end so suddenly? I knew that I could not change any of it. It made me feel so useless and powerless. Rage. I hate to feel weak. I hate having to think about past so I continue walking down the hallway. I can hear my little brother playing with my father in his room. Strange. I have been living here for over a year now, yet I have not seen his room yet. I guess I did not want to. I know that my father puts my moms pictures to every room. That is why I lock mine. I do not want to think about it. I do not want to suffer anymore. All I want is to be able to release all this stress somehow. Rage. I feel like I want to kill someone. I feel like I want to take all the rage, suffering and sadness that is in me and release it on some world. Not on this world, but on some other world. A world where I would not have to think about other peoples feelings. A world where they would be more than happy to take all this anger on themselves and even reward me somehow for giving all of it to them.
I slowly reached for the old, bronze handle on the oak door and entered kitchen. And there he was. A man in a black suit sitting on a chair, beside a table smoking a cigarette. Where did it all go? Where are all the windows? Where is the rest of the furniture? There was nothing. Just the man sitting on a chair, besides a table in a dark room filled with smoke.

"Did you get it?" he asked coldly.
"Get what?" I asked with a certain tone of confusion and fear in my voice.
"Do I really have to tell you every day? Try to remember. We had this conversation yesterday." said the man with some annoyance.
"You... you mean rage?" I asked carefully. He nodded in agreement. "I have plenty of rage in me."
"Not that kind of rage. You need a different kind of rage. You need THE rage." the man explained.
"I don´t get what you are trying to say. And what are you doing here anyways?" I started to be nervous.
"Look, kid. Do you want to have this conversation every day? You need to get it! It is very important." he sounded even more annoyed than before and I started to realize what is really going on here.
"But why?" I asked in a surprised tone staring the man.
"Because if you don´t," he responded " you will have to stay in this state for all eternity".
The idea of this happening did not appeal to me at all. All of a sudden I realized how much I miss my previous life. I could not figure out how this happened, but it did not matter to me. All I wanted was things to get back to normal. As I was staring at his expressionless face I started to hear Edith Piaf singing something beautiful into my ear again. I did not know what she sung about, but nor did I care. I slowly opened my eyes, reached for my phone and turned the alarm off...
Back to top Go down
WolfDen - Michael
Admin
Admin
WolfDen - Michael

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:36 pm

You possibly just word-whored your way into the lead.
Back to top Go down
thegameplaysk
Peasant
Peasant
thegameplaysk

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:37 am

WolfDen - Michael wrote:
You possibly just word-whored your way into the lead.

Yeah but did you read it? I wanna know what you guys think... :/
Back to top Go down
WolfDen - Michael
Admin
Admin
WolfDen - Michael

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:32 am

thegameplaysk wrote:
Yeah but did you read it? I wanna know what you guys think... :/

Well, the editor in me wants to tear it apart or just make you rewrite it because I'm out of red ink, but I did like the structure. Like a man trapped in a cyclical dream. I also liked that you tied it in to what we're doing here, which is Rage. Sadly, I'm not the best judge of content. I spend every day reading and correcting other people's writing so as soon as I began reading my eyes went directly to the things I would change. lol
Back to top Go down
thegameplaysk
Peasant
Peasant
thegameplaysk

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:45 am

Well, I am from Europe and only 18 and so my english is very poor. I try to get better, but the progress is very slow :/
I got the idea, but I was not able to put it into good words in english. It would be much better in my own langugae :/
Back to top Go down
Epic-beatrice
Epic-beatrice

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:21 pm

My story has humor.

Also i'm Scottish.

/instawin.
Back to top Go down
funymunky
Peasant
Peasant
funymunky

Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Holy crap, I've got to write something better than that novel over there? Well, here goes:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
thegameplaysk
Peasant
Peasant
thegameplaysk

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 3:41 pm

This aint fair. Im not native speaker rofl. Anyways good luck bro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
funymunky
Peasant
Peasant
funymunky

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 3:49 pm

thegameplaysk wrote:
This aint fair. Im not native speaker rofl. Anyways good luck bro Very Happy

And good luck to you Smile By the way, you're English is pretty good for not being native.
Back to top Go down
Aginghobo
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:12 pm

funymunky wrote:
Holy crap, I've got to write something better than that novel over there? Well, here goes:

Spoiler:

Thank you for using spoiler tags and not filling my screen with a huge wall of text.
Back to top Go down
WolfDen - Michael
Admin
Admin
WolfDen - Michael

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 6:16 pm

The end is near guys. Take one last shot before it's over!
Back to top Go down
funymunky
Peasant
Peasant
funymunky

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Quick question: Will the game be the Anarchy pre-order edition? It's not like it matters, because I wouldn't care, even if I did somehow win. Just curious.
Back to top Go down
WolfDen - Michael
Admin
Admin
WolfDen - Michael

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Yes it will be the Anarchy Edition.
Back to top Go down
funymunky
Peasant
Peasant
funymunky

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:19 pm

WolfDen - Michael wrote:
Yes it will be the Anarchy Edition.

All right, sweet. By the way, thanks a lot for doing this giveaway. I don't know how you can afford to give away two $60 games Razz
Back to top Go down
WolfDen - Michael
Admin
Admin
WolfDen - Michael

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:31 pm

A word of warning to whoever wins. If you have a monthly cap on your Internet service, the download for Rage is nearly 18 GBs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secondary giveaway - Rage   Secondary giveaway - Rage Empty

Back to top Go down

Secondary giveaway - Rage
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next